System Operations Analyst
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
The Information Technology (IT) Branch is the centralized authority for all matters pertaining to the automation and delivery of corporate IT services. We design and develop innovative information technology applications and systems and provide ongoing support of core information systems and services to enhance CSIS’ ability to fulfill its mandate.
The System Operations unit is responsible to provide centralized monitoring for all IT networks, systems and applications. This includes providing necessary analysis to respond to tier one support to back-end equipment of the monitored network, systems and applications. We also coordinate and distribute the availability / on-call lists during both non activation and operational activation level periods. The System Operations Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of CSIS IT networks:
- Ensure the integrity, stability, and availability of CSIS IT networks by maintaining, monitoring, implementing, and supporting all networks provided and supported by IT.
- Promote and maintain good IT knowledge transfer by generating regular reports that document results of completed work.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems by investigating, analyzing, and collecting information.
- Liaise with partners and external vendors to maintain a currency of the IT marketplace, evaluate hardware and software solutions, and resolve problems.
- Provide service to clients by analysing their needs, responding to their queries/requests and providing guidance and familiarization with the available information technology services.
- Analyse performance of the computing and telecommunications infrastructure, identify problem patterns and make recommendations to improve the reliability and maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Liaise with other areas to provide support and technical expertise, and resolve IT networks related issues.
- Verify and validate technology services prior to deployment by leveraging industry best practices, historical information, experience, tools, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge and use of technical corporate services by researching and keeping abreast of the latest developments in technology.
Graduated with a degree from a recognized university or with a Technologist diploma from a recognized college with specialization in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Network Security.
Candidates must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the management of computing and telecommunication networks, including their security (both hardware (such as Avaya switches) and software (such as Cisco IOS and Nortel IOS)).
Experience with network troubleshooting and monitoring.
Experience in helpdesk and first level support and performing first level diagnosis on networks and escalating to appropriate technical teams.
Preference may be given to candidates who have completed a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
*Underfill : Candidates who do not fully possess the experience required may be considered for this position and will be employed on an underfill basis until they reach the full working level of the position.
Adaptability, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills / multitasking, Problem Solving, Analytical skills.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Various language requirements:
- English Essential
- Bilingual non-imperative BBB/BBB
- Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
For non-imperative nominations, the offer is conditional upon achieving the linguistic requirement for this position within two (2) years).
$65,620 to $79,840 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(Underfill: $58,080 to $70,660.)
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term and Indeterminate (permanent) positions with one (1) year probation.
24/7 shift work environment – candidates must accept working on a rotating shift schedule.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 14-968-07-004 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.