Screening Analyst - Security Screening Branch
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
As a Screening Analyst (SA) you will work on the frontline of the Service’s Section 15 operations, helping to prevent persons of national security concern from penetrating the Canadian Government, gaining access to sensitive sites, or acquiring immigration status in our country.
- Analyse data in government security clearance or immigration applications, comparing and researching it against information in databases.
- Decide whether an applicant may pose a potential threat to national security and, if so, provide a written assessment of your concerns to officers in SSB’s Operations section.
- Consult and follow relevant Service and Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) policies and guidelines.
- Liaise / consult verbally or in writing with geographic operations experts when necessary.
- Provide advice and train new Security Analysts, as appropriate.
- Verify that all security screening requests submitted are completed accurately.
- Undergraduate degree + 1 year of experience*; OR
- College diploma + 3 years of experience*
*Experience in research and analysis.
Recent experience (within the last five (5) years) conducting research on database systems would be considered an asset.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record, must not have used illegal drugs in the last twelve (12) months and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Bilingual imperative (B/B/B).
$45,920 - $55,860. After training and satisfactory assessment of knowledge has been met, salary range will be $51,410 - $62,540 (level 05).
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term position of one (1) year, with the possibility of an extension and/or indeterminate employment after one (1) year.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 12-968-05-051 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.