Protective Security Officer
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is seeking qualified candidates for a position of Protective Security Officer. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for:
- processing visitors to and from the complex and providing escorts on a selective basis;
- conducting security and safety patrols;
- responding to alarms;
- participating in emergency procedures such as building evacuations;
- answering queries and providing assistance to employees, the public and other officials;
- keeping accurate and complete records on the automated systems and providing results/suggestions to the supervisor;
- monitoring and administering the Integrated Anti-Intrusion Detection System and monitor the Regional/District remote alarms systems;
- determining the appropriate response to an alarm to ensure the safety of occupants of the complex;
- providing backup to the building engineer's safety systems; and
- taking accurate and complete notes that could be used for evidentiary purposes in criminal proceedings.
* Candidates must be willing to work twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotational basis.
Undergraduate degree or a two (2) year college diploma in a security field.
One (1) year experience in a security related field.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record, must not have used illegal drugs in the last twelve (12) months and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Bilingual imperative (B/B/C).
$45,920 to $55,860 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
One (1) year term with a possibility of a permanent position.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 11-CSIS-04-029 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.