The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
The Information Technology Solutions and Services (ITSS) Branch is the centralized authority for all matters pertaining to the automation and delivery of corporate IT services. We design and develop innovative information technology applications and systems and provide ongoing support of core information systems and services to enhance CSIS’ ability to fulfill its mandate.
The Programmer-Analyst is responsible for the development of innovative solutions and the maintenance and support of these solutions. Duties include:
- Develop and integrate software solutions with market leading software/frameworks.
- Identify and work with software vendors to assess their technology solutions.
- Develop Proof of Concept implementations.
- Interact with other team members in analyzing and developing the overall solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems by investigating, analyzing, and collecting information.
- Verify and validate technology services prior to deployment by leveraging industry best practices, historical information, experience, tools, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge and use of technical corporate services by researching and keeping abreast of the latest developments in technology.
- Liaise with other areas to provide support and technical expertise.
Graduated with a degree from a recognized university or with a Technologist diploma from a recognized college with specialization in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Network Security.
Candidates must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in software development / programming in any one or more of the following programming languages but not limited to JAVA, .NET, C#, or VB.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in the analysis, design, integration, programming, and testing of computer applications using a structured methodology.
- Experience in application development.
- Experience in enhancement, upgrade and support of software or applications.
Adaptability, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills / multitasking, Problem Solving, Analytical skills.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Various language requirements:
- English Essential
- French Essential
- Bilingual non-imperative BBB/BBB
- Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
For non-imperative nominations, the offer is conditional upon achieving the linguistic requirement for this position within two (2) years).
$65,620 to $79,840 per year (Salary under review). Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is designated CS; therefore, the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 4% of the annual salary.
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term and Indeterminate (permanent) positions with a one (1) year probation.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 14-968-07-012 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.