Litigation Support Coordinator
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
The Litigation Support Coordinator is responsible for providing case management support to the unit and the Service using various tools and technologies.
- Coordinate, organize, prepare and process legal documents by using Ringtail and other automated litigation support systems.
- Assist litigation teams by preparing and organizing evidence collection involving claims by or against CSIS.
- Provide specific guidance on the structure, coding or set up evidence for use in litigation.
- Analyze, organize, prepare and process material for imaging and coding phases.
- Administer quality control to ensure cases are modeled in conjunction with practices that will preserve the record for subsequent legal processes in Ringtail.
- Maintain records, computer application databases and administrative systems to ensure the efficient control and management of cases.
- Conduct advanced and reliable database searches in current and previous litigation files for legal teams and client.
- Administer and monitor level structures, access rights, custom fields, user templates and request for computer application user licenses.
- Liaise with various teams, the client, and other Government Departments employees.
- Provide various reports to legal teams by compiling information and statistics, and coordinate imports and exports of information in various formats.
- Provide assistance, training and advice in the use of litigation support technologies.
- Keep abreast and provide guidance, training and develop documentation on legal developments, the best practices in the fields of e-discovery, and more generally on legal project management.
- Communicate clearly to non-technical audiences the possibilities and limitations of the use of Ringtail.
- Serve as the section contact in resolving issues related to the use of Ringtail.
- College diploma and 4 years of experience
- Experience in administrative support functions where planning, organizing, and coordinating activities/actions are required in support of the Section objectives.
- Two years of the experience in a legal support function in a legal firm/office/department and/or experience working in administrative functions where legal matters were part of the day to day work.
NOTE: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Experience with the management and administration of Ringtail.
Client Service, Analytical skills, Organizational / Multitasking skills, Reliability, Rigour.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record, must not have used illegal drugs in the last twelve (12) months and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Bilingual Imperative CCB
$58,080 - $70,660 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term position one (1) year, with the possibility of an extension and/or indeterminate employment after one (1) year.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 12-968-06-089 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.