Information Management Administrator
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Information Management Administrator positions within Information Management Division. The Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Corporate Records Information Management systems and files.
- Maintain various systems by updating and inputting data, analyzing information and banking the collected data according to legislated policies/procedures.
- Create automated and hard copy files, new volumes and update ledgers, while entering charge-out and bring-forward dates, monitoring and retrieving overdue files.
- Evaluate corporate holdings and systems by verifying completeness/accuracy/efficiency and response time to ensure CSIS requirements are met.
- Conduct searches through various information sources to identify/compile and determine appropriate information is delivered and required by the clients.
- Act as a resource-person by providing advice/guidance to the clients on the effective use of the Information Holdings Systems.
- Participate in the establishment and modification of standards, practices and methods to maintain the integrity of the support systems.
- Provide advice and guidance to the employee of the Unit.
- The incumbent will spend the majority of the day working in various automated systems. Successful applicants will have problem recognition, analysis and resolution skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
One (1) year Community College Certificate
* Any higher level of education could be recognized as related experience.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Four (4) years related experience in doing administrative work, i.e. administrative support functions where the planning, organizing and coordinating of activities/actions is required in support of the objectives.
- Experience with computer applications.
- Experience dealing with clients.
Preference will be given to candidates with formal training and/or experience in the records management field.
Adaptability/Flexibility, Client service, Initiative, Rigour, Teamwork.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Various bilingual profiles.
$43,570 to $53,020 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term positions with a one year probation.
Hours of work include working a rotational shift until 4:30 p.m.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 11-CSIS-04-032 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.