Analyst - External Communications
The Service is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is not only part of the Service’s culture it is a core business strategy. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.
- Scheduling the workload to meet time sensitive deadlines to expedite delivery by categorizing messages according to their urgency and destination time zone.
- Performing system maintenance on all communication links.
- Recommending new internal procedures to increase productivity and quality of services performed by the External Communication Centre.
- Determining the most appropriate solutions to address specific business needs within the centre.
- Engaging in the verification of message flow from the ECC to ensure quality control, and recommend corrective measures when appropriate.
- Monitoring communication links for incoming message transmission.
- Formatting and processing messages by verifying/ensuring accuracy and compliance to established procedural security standards.
- Liaising with CSIS clients by responding to their queries and resolving their problems.
- Administering/maintaining the main External Communication Centre email account to ensure proper implementation of all incoming and outgoing message traffic.
- Communicating daily with CSIS employees and respond to their queries and provide help desk support to assist in resolving problems.
- Monitoring/maintaining multi-level secure communication links and ensure communication security integrity is adhered to.
College diploma + one (1) year of experience *
*Experience in client service and working in a computer-based environment using facsimile devices and personal computers.
NOTE: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Experience working in a telecommunications environment.
- Courses in the informatics discipline.
Organizational/multi-tasking skills, Adaptability/Flexibility, Problem solving, Teamwork, Client service.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
Candidates must have no criminal record, must not have used illegal drugs in the last twelve (12) months and must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. This process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications.
Bilingual imperative (B/B/B)
$51,410 to $62,540 per year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We Also Offer
Organized and recreational sports activities, on-site fitness facility, full service cafeteria, and bus route service within proximity.
CSIS National Headquarters, Ottawa (Ontario).
Term position with the possibility of a permanent position after one (1) year.
Applicants must be willing to work shifts.
How To Apply
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy by clicking Apply Now and quote reference 12-968-05-074 in your cover letter.
CSIS is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.